Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Blogging with Fifth Graders!

I really liked blogging with the fifth grade class from Fairview Middle School. I liked hearing their hopes for fifth grade, what they thought about school, homework, etc. It's always fun to get involved with younger students when they're learning new things. The students seem to really enjoy getting our responses to their blogs, and we enjoyed writing them back. This is definitely a new step in classroom teaching. When i was younger, computers were rarely used in the clssroom, much less blogging and communicating with other clasrooms. I'm not sure if i would use this tool in my future classroom. I guess it will depend on the number of computers in my class, or how often we would get to use the lab. I think blogging is a really fun teaching tool, but it will also depend on how quickly my students pick up on using a computer and newer technology. Overall, I think that blogging with Fairview Middle was fun and exciting, and I will definitely consider using it in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. You raise some good issues about access to technology and integrating blogging into your classroom. I you have a limited number of computers you could create a blogging center where students take turns throughout the week making blog posts.

    ReplyDelete