Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Multimedia Literacy

During the time I atttended elementary school and middle school, taking tests or doing assessments on a computer wasn't an option. As our society becomes more and more advanced, teachers are now using computers to teach students online, rather than just plain pencil and paper.
While reading Orchestrating the Media College I saw examples of how teaching students, and giving assessments online could be beneficial. By creating my own photostory, I felt as if my creativity was brought to a whole new level. Creating it online was a much more artistic way to show my views on teaching, rather than just writing it down.

The NETS for teachers also goes along with the reading, and the video:



2a. Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.

2c. Customize and personalize learning activities to address students' diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.


When I become a teacher, and am in control of my own classroom, I will most definitely try to incorporate digital essays and work into my lesson plans. I believe it is a great way to let students express their creativity through new-age technology.

1 comment:

  1. It is a great way to promote creativity! I also think it can also promote student interest in creating informed and coherent messages in both print and digital mediums! I'm glad you will consider having student create PhotoStories in your future classroom!

    ReplyDelete