Thursday, September 17, 2009

Webquest Choice..Continued

I have chosen 1,2,3! Count With Me! as the webquest I will adapt.
click Here for a link to the webquest.

While looking at the webquest I chose, I thought that it was very well put together. I thought the main purpose of the webquest was made known, and it was right on target with the subject. I thought the graphics and design of the page were very appropriate for kindergarten students, although I saw some things that could be updated and/or changed to make it better.
There was a link on the original webquest that taught the children how to count to ten. When I clicked on the link, I saw that the web page had expired, and that the link did not work. I found a website that could be used to replace it, that fit perfectly with the webquest. click here to see the replacement website. I also thought that the color scheme of the webquest was bright and energetic, perfect for young students, but i would have chosen a different color. The clip art and graphics used could have been more flashy, or even using few pictures with bigger graphics would have worked. The pictures could have moved, or had sound. That would help keep the students intersted and capture their attention. The task was simple for students to understand and all of the links posted went right along with it. All in all, I think this webquest was very well done, and was appropriate for the age group it was designed for. After making a few minor adjustments, it shouldn't have any problems, and should be very successful in teaching children about math and numbers. I will definitely use this webquest in my classroom in the future.

1 comment:

  1. You identified some important area for improvement! What the WebQuest also needs is for students to produce an artifact. How about after they play the different games students create a photostory about numbers...sort of like and electronic number book...just an idea. That way you can make a significant improvement to the WebQuest and it will become more your own.

    ReplyDelete